Thursday, September 24, 2009

Why CarbFest?

BECAUSE I CAN.

Well, more specifically, because having my ex around put a big crimp in my cooking, partly because of the way we interacted and partly because a lot of the things I like to cook, he can't or won't eat -- artichokes, squash, sweet potatoes, beets and, as you may have gathered from the title of the blog, simple carbs.

So the ex moves out on Saturday, and I was joking with him that it was going to become one big carbfest around here when he was gone. Then I started thinking about the food projects I wanted to work on -- finding a good pizza crust recipe, baking a loaf of bread or two, maybe even taking on pie crust. And about how baking is actually fairly cheap once you've got the basic ingredients in your pantry, and how I have an army of locusts eager bunch of coworkers who will snarf up anything you put in front of them happily sample a variety of foods, so I don't have to worry about being stuck with more pizza than I can or should eat by myself. And next thing you know, I have a two-week cooking binge planned, I'll be attending Cupcake Camp halfway through, and the closing ceremonies party will include a potato course, a pasta course, a fried dough course and a bread course.

Of course, the next step after THAT is to start a blog about it. So there you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment